إعداد الأطفال لرياض الأطفال
You are your child's first and most important teacher!
We look forward to working in partnership with you as we inspire your child to wonder, discover, create, and grow. Here are some suggestions for helping your child prepare for kindergarten:
- Help your child to develop independence by encouraging your child to do things for themselves.
- Provide experience with playmates to give your child the experience of cooperating and sharing with others.
- Help develop language skills by reading to your child every day, talking to your child as much as possible and listening carefully to what your child says.
- Provide good health and nutrition by starting each day with a nutritious breakfast and maintaining good eating habits throughout the day.
- Provide a daily schedule or routine to ease the transition into kindergarten and the many other changes a school routine requires.
- Practice responsibility by allowing your child to help with household chores.
- Help your child develop fine motor skills by providing crayons, pencils and child-safe scissors for your child to use before starting school.
- Help your child develop gross motor skills by playing with your child to develop physical coordination.
- Discuss feelings by helping your child use words to express their feelings.
- Give your child a chance to learn what the world is like through growth opportunities.
- Talk to your child about kindergarten, which will reduce some of your child’s anxiety (and yours, too).
- The most important thing you can help your child develop in preparation for school, and for his or her whole life, is strong self-esteem. Good self-esteem doesn’t just happen to children— it grows as your child meets small challenges each day and receives positive feedback from you— even when he or she doesn’t succeed.
Contact Student Accounting
Student last names A-L:
Student last names M-Z:
8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday.
Minnetonka Schools Student Registration
5621 County Rd 101
Minnetonka, MN 55345
*Please note, to schedule a tour you may call the school of interest directly or complete our visit form.